The elevator was the key to the modern city; it revolutionized the entire nature of buildings – and how people interact with them. In an industry built on innovation and problem-solving, SnapCab continues to develop creative solutions for 21st century needs and challenges.
With over 10,000 installations across the continent, strong relationships with all major elevator maintenance companies, and strategic partnerships with heavyweights like Corning Incorporated, SnapCab has become the undisputed leader in elevator interior systems. But we’re not letting that slow us down; continuous innovation and improvement continues to be the foundation of our high-rising company.
What Is The SnapCab System?
The SnapCab elevator interior system consists of modular, interlocking panels that stack one on top of the other. Thanks to this streamlined installation method pioneered by SnapCab Founder and CEO Glenn Bostock, the job can be done in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost. Instead of days, elevators can be remodeled in hours. One-day installation delivers significant cost savings to customers and ensures minimal downtime for their elevators.
Our system makes remodeling elevators interiors a far more efficient process in two main ways:
- Before Installation: SnapCab’s modular systems relieve the headache of code compliance and weight restrictions when planning and designing new elevator interiors. All SnapCab products are E84 tested in their end use-configurations, so that the interiors meet the ASME code requirements. And every quote comes with the product weights listed so there’s no guesswork.
- During Installation: Not only are the interlocking panels simple and quick to install, the process is also streamlined because we include every single item elevator mechanics need to complete the job – right down to the garbage bags to dispose of the waste. This entirely eliminates the downtime for trips to the hardware store or back to the shop. At the same time, we do not sacrifice aesthetics for ease and convenience. Customers can choose from an enormous variety of quality materials, finishes, and styles so that they meet their unique design goals and create the look and feel they want.
Why Elevator Interiors? SnapCab: A History of Craftsmanship and Problem Solving
The seeds for SnapCab were sown in Glenn Bostock’s parents’ basement, where, as a child, he spent hours working with wood. After studying Fine Wood Working at Bucks County Community College and apprenticing as an ecclesiastical furniture maker, Glenn opened his own shop specializing in high-end furniture and custom cabinetry, as well as wood repair and refinishing.
One day, a company contacted Glenn about remodeling its elevators to match the reception desk. As word got out, he spent more and more time remodeling elevator interiors, a job few people did – and one that was slowed and complicated by the arduous practice of removing the entire cab to work on it, or using complicated clip systems that took 3 to 4 days to install.
To remedy this, Glenn developed his patented panel system: SnapCab was born, and we have been helping customers save time, money, and aggravation on remodels and new builds for 20 years.
A craftsman at heart, Glenn and the SnapCab team devote exacting, meticulous care into all of our work. The result is visually stunning interiors that meet applicable codes – and customers’ high expectations.
Less Hassle, Better Results: The Simple SnapCab Philosophy
SnapCab’s philosophy can be summed up easily: Elevator interiors simplified. Everything – from designing to ordering to installing – is designed for ease, convenience, and superior results. The emphasis on simplicity, value, and exceptional customer service is intertwined through every facet of the business:
- On Time: Panels – and everything teams needs to install them – are delivered on time, as evidenced by our better than 98% on time delivery over the last 3 years.
- Ready To Go: Our team completes as much work in the factory as possible to save clients’ install time and to reduce the impact on the building’s occupants.
- Tailored To the Customer: We respect the individual budgets and timelines of each unique project – and the team will work tirelessly to meet each customer’s individual needs.
- 360 Degree Support: Friendly, expert advice is available throughout the process from start to finish.
- Safety Obsessed:Quality, Compliance, Ease, and Efficiency – these are pillars of the SnapCab system. But they all take a backseat to the most critical factor: safety.
- No Fear Culture: Innovation is a way of life for the SnapCab team; we encourage our employees to solve problems with creative collaboration.
Ordered, Personalized, Delivered: A Look at the SnapCab Manufacturing Process
SnapCab panels and systems are made to order and manufactured in the USA, as well as Canada. After customers select the panel style they want and we receive the measurements, we get to work manufacturing them in one of our facilities.
The models in our catalog can be modified to fit specific aesthetic requirements, so clients always have the ability and flexibility to achieve their design goals. Altering their design to fit within standard models cuts down on the cost and time of fully custom jobs – without cutting down on aesthetics and quality.
Additionally, with free design services, including presentation boards and 3D renderings, customers can see their design coming to life before their interior ever arrives in the building.
All of our catalogue models are E84 end-use configuration tested. That is, the individual components are assembled as a unit (as they will be in the customer’s elevator interior) and then tested to ensure safety and code-compliance.
Lean and Mean: How Smarter Manufacturing Enables Better Customer Service
SnapCab values continuous improvement. The Lean Manufacturing model encourages our entire team to innovate ways to improve quality, reduce lead-time, decrease waste, and focus on teamwork and effective communications. What does this mean for our customers? High-quality products delivered on time, at the lowest possible cost and with greater efficiency.
We employ methods such as 5S (Sort, Shine, Set in order, Standardize, and Sustain), Total Productive Maintenance, Kanbans, Value Stream Mapping, and more, to efficiently and quickly provide high-quality products for exceptional elevator interiors – and pass the cost and resource savings on to our customers.
Our Lean manufacturing process was one of the factors that caught the eye of Corning Incorporated (creators of Gorilla® Glass). Together, we can leverage our respective histories of innovation to develop creative solutions for the next generation of elevator interiors.
Remodels and New Builds: Simplify Your Elevator Interiors
SnapCab systems work with all elevator cab shells; our versatile solutions can and will enhance the appearance and durability of our customers’ interiors. In addition to world-class interior panels and ceilings, we provide thoughtful, timely, and high-quality service and support to simplify remodels – or new builds – every step of the way.
Ask the expert! Contact Caleb Morrison here.