Your workspace should facilitate productivity, inspire innovation, and cultivate creativity. Should. Too often, though, we’re subjected to the daily distractions and lack of privacy in a busy office setting inhabits. Until now. With the SnapCab Pod, you can reinvent your professional environment – and realize enhanced results.
Open Office Design: Coping In A Shared Workspace
Open office plans present a cost-effective way to accommodate fluctuations in staffing and maximize floor space. And, when done well, can even foster communication among colleagues and an atmosphere of approachability. Definitely a step up from the era of office cubicles.
But there is a drawback. As the workspace becomes an incubator for collaboration, your privacy diminishes. Your business is everyone’s business; making important calls, meeting with colleagues or having confidential conversations can be a challenge.
The SnapCab Pod is a small meeting room or “huddle room” that provides a quiet, private space. Rather than trying to “drown out your coworkers,” you can simply close the 3/8″ tempered glass door and get to work.
Simple And Right-Sized
Available in three sizes – S (1-2 people), M (2-4 people), and L (4-6 people – or one nice-sized office for one) – the Pod features:
- Sound-masking design. The Pod features seals around the door, panels on the inside and outside walls, an acoustical felt ceiling, and carpeting on the floor that all help to dampen sounds.
- Lighting. Low-profile LED fixtures offer indirect light, and the drop ceiling design disguises the fixture for a clean look. The light is soft and conducive to no-glare screen use.
- Exhaust fan and venting. You’ll have plenty of ventilation while you work, since the SnapCab Pod is equipped with a fan. The fan also provides white noise, helping with sound suppression. Both lighting and fan are motion-activated for maximum convenience and efficiency.
- Power source and USB charging. Feel free to power up your devices, plug in your computer and settle in for a productive session. A bit of quiet can help you recharge your own batteries as well.
- Add-on accessories. Opt to include bench seating and a wall-mounted solid phenolic laminate table. The furniture is custom-made, simple, and right-sized for your needs.
Making Your Life (And Work) Easier
Got a few hours to spare in your day? Then you have time to revamp your office. The Pod comes flat-packed, is a free-standing structure and does not require specialized labor to assemble. Cancel the pricey maintenance contractor or skilled technician. If you can put together a futon or bookshelf, you can handle a Pod.
Other ways Pods make your life easier – and better
- You get to play Tetris. If you were to buy several Pods in different sizes, you could create a well-finished office space in 48 hours or less. Further, you have the freedom to configure your space as efficiently and effectively as possible—like a game of Tetris. For example, you position a few Pods corner to corner, you create additional nooks in between. Mix it up for a perfect fit.
- They roll. Effortlessly. Thanks to casters, you can push an S with one arm. You may have to exert slightly – just slightly – more effort with an L. Move the Pod where you want it, lock it in place and start using. It’s that simple. If you need to move it, whether across the room or to a new site, it’s as easy as moving a desk.
- Like furniture – only better. The Pods are classified as Systems Furniture (Section 12 59 00). That means you don’t have to jump through any complicated hoops. You literally order, assemble, and use.
- Streamlined from Step 1. Quiet workspace, simplified. From ordering a Pod to assembling it, the entire process is easy. Other companies with similar type products can require many weeks of lead-time, not to mention limited options, cumbersome installation, and requisite specialized labor. There is a better way.
- Standard models – and more. The standard, off-the-shelf Pod is gloss white laminate inside and out. You also have the option of upgrading to virtually any laminate from any laminate manufacturer.
Take your Pod to the next level by adding ultra-strong, versatile Corning® Gorilla® Glass for gorgeous color and a writeable surface, or go for premium by choosing one of our beautiful panoramic gigapixel images, printed in full living color and exquisite detail on Corning® Gorilla® Glass. When you walk into the Pod, you’ll be treated to a remarkable experience. Though the space is small, the impact is immense.
Imagine – And Realize – The Possibilities
While Pods are a natural fit in open offices, their lean, mean, adaptable design ensures they can be deployed wherever quiet, private space is required. From restaurants, airports, and trade shows to schools, libraries, and health clinics, the applications are numerous.
If you could use a bit of “closed” in an open environment, the SnapCab Pod can help. By providing flexibility, versatility, and adaptability, you can transform the way you work. Be sure to check out the latest Pod designs at the AIA Convention and NeoCon.